47th German Katana Rally 2013

Nieuws:

Auteur Topic: 47th German Katana Rally 2013  (gelezen 20334 keer)

2 mrt 2013, 12:22
Anyone fancy a visit? Here's the invitation. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me...

2 mrt 2013, 22:50
Anyone fancy a visit? Here's the invitation. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me...

sure sounds great.. hoping to be there on a Kat this time..  ;D oei, dat wordt nog effe doorsleutelen..  :-[

Citaat
..Dedelstorf, in und am Offiziersheim auf dem Gelände der ehemaligen Richthofenkaserne statt.

Richthofen as in Manfred?  ??? so can we catch a ride in some WWI fighter planes out there?  :D

looks like quite some distance to travel to get there though..  :-\ any tips on sweepy country lanes to alternate part of the monotonous autobahn route?
..and any info on the hotel option?
                                        .. . . .  .  .   .

3 mrt 2013, 00:45
I can go too, For the moment i have 2 kats that are running  8)
And i would like a hotelroom too :)
GSX1100S, GSX1100S, XN85 TURBO, GSX750S3 POPUP SPECIAL

3 mrt 2013, 21:20
Richthofen means the Red Baron, you're right.

Here's the hotel's website:

http://www.hotel-dierks.de/index2.htm

If language assistance is needed, let me know. But English should do anyway, I believe...

Routes to that place won't be to twisty, I'm afraid. I'll for one will just test the "Avoid Autobahn" button on the Satnav I got for Crimbo.

4 mrt 2013, 18:22
Just trying to post a pic of the invitiation which is readable...  [smart]

4 mrt 2013, 18:47
Count me in too  :D
Missed last year's Treffen  :-[
GSX1100SZ/F/R.... HYBRID.

4 mrt 2013, 19:34
Count me in too  :D
Missed last year's Treffen  :-[

;D Gezellig Daan!

And a little question,,, how strict is the German police about the amount of DB coming out of an exhaust...
Because I might have to make a DB Killer for the trip if I want to go on my popup kat..

4 mrt 2013, 20:21
You got a Dutch numberplate - so it should not be a big problem really. BUT there are regions in Germany where cops don't show much humour on that noise topic. Nürburgring area for example. Just don't exaggerate noise output by an obviously illegal zorst.

5 mrt 2013, 02:06
thanks for the info Pedda.. not absolutely sure yet about booking a hotelroom though as I actually like camping :-[, but not having to strap a (large) tent and sleepingbag and air mattress to the bike would be very nice..

Routes to that place won't be to twisty, I'm afraid. I'll for one will just test the "Avoid Autobahn" button on the Satnav I got for Crimbo.

well.. my gps has a nasty habit of creating unwanted detours, so that's pretty useless when you're trying to get somewhere in time..  :-\ still need to sort that out..
it is quite some distance to the treffen, so including "off-piste" sections to the autobahn route will off course mean it will take more time to get there.. maybe taking some "landstrassen" will be an nice compromise.. (unless you get stuck in busy city centers that is..)
                                        .. . . .  .  .   .

5 mrt 2013, 16:39
I have a Garmin Zumo 220 [yes] you can plot a route on that thing (don't know how yet...)

7 mrt 2013, 18:30
If you fancy you can come to my place on Thursday first, have a bbq and some beer and then we head for the Meet on Friday all together.
My place is in Stadtlohn, just a few minutes east of Winterswijk/ NL

8 mrt 2013, 09:34
If you fancy you can come to my place on Thursday first, have a bbq and some beer and then we head for the Meet on Friday all together.
My place is in Stadtlohn, just a few minutes east of Winterswijk/ NL

wow..! thanks for the invitation, that sounds like a nice game plan to me..  [yes] it will move the starting point closer to the meeting in Dedelstorf so it will make the trip more manageable.. (and we'll have more time to add landstrassen-sections to the route)
it does seem like people would need to take an extra day off work, but of course the trip to Stadtlohn isn't that far at all.. so setting off in the (late) afternoon will probably get us there in time for the BBQ..
final plans on this will depend on who will be taking part, and what their views are.. usually we leave early from a treffen, so whether we'll stay for one or two nights will still have to be decided..
but of course this won't make a difference to the meet-up at your place in Stadtlohn beforehand..
oh.. what about sleeping facilities? do you have some spare rooms or just a very big garden to pitch up tents..?  :D ..or maybe a cheap hotel nearby would work too (leaving the bikes parked safely at your place)..

I have a Garmin Zumo 220 [yes] you can plot a route on that thing (don't know how yet...)
ha.. wellicht kunnen we een usb-kabeltje tussen de gps-kastjes leggen zodat ik een route kan intypen en jouw Garmin vervolgens zonder miswijzingen verteld waar we heen moeten..  ;)
                                        .. . . .  .  .   .

8 mrt 2013, 15:06
oh.. what about sleeping facilities? do you have some spare rooms or just a very big garden to pitch up tents..?  :D ..or maybe a cheap hotel nearby would work too (leaving the bikes parked safely at your place)...

Here's a house and a garden - so no problem at all.

9 mrt 2013, 08:37
Thanks for the invite Pedda, sounds like a good plan.
And I can also check my kat for lost or loose parts  [yes]
Last katanaclubmeeting NL I lost some brakepads at the front... :-X

10 mrt 2013, 16:39
oh.. what about sleeping facilities? do you have some spare rooms or just a very big garden to pitch up tents..?  :D ..or maybe a cheap hotel nearby would work too (leaving the bikes parked safely at your place)...

Here's a house and a garden - so no problem at all.

..and a garage with a big guard dog in front too?  ;D

mensen.. graag je even uitspreken of je (in principe) geinteresseerd bent in deelname van het Duitsche treffen.. (voorzover niet al gedaan inmiddels natuurlijk.. ik zal binnenkort effe een lijstje toevoegen..)
en of je de pit/bbq-stop in Stadtlohn ziet zitten (do. op vr.), alsook of je t/m zondag wilt blijven (2 overnachtingen in Dedelstorf) of eerder terug wilt (1 overnachting).. en een hotelkamer wilt of gewoon gaat kamperen op het kazerneterrein aldaar..
op zaterdag is er trws altijd (meestal) een toerrit met een stop halverwege..

andere combi's zijn natuurlijk ook mogelijk (niks "moet" ;))..

heeft verder geen grote haast (is pas eind mei), maar e.e.a. tijdig een beetje stroomlijnen kan het geheel wel ten goede komen.. hotelkamers moeten wrs tijdig geboekt worden.. en weet Pedda enigzins hoeveel bier 'ie moet halen..

.. . . .  .  .   .